Saturday, February 24, 2018

Relationship Status: "Online"

When everything falls apart then the pitch dark night also starts mourning silently. The wind of the breezy winter is not howling anymore.  The stars are covered by the clouds like the happiness in the life.  The room was dark with the only light that was coming was from a cellphone glowing under the blanket. Aniket was laying down with his head inside the blanket scrolling through the posts on Facebook.
No matter what happens in life, Facebook is always there to either make it better or make it even worse. The pictures of togetherness bring out the memories as long as you are happy but it starts haunting you after it has ended. While the screen shows Aniket and Divya holding hands and happy there, his fingers could not move in reality but he grabbed up his courage to choose the delete option and actually completing the task. He felt good within for a minute but regretted it after a while but how can he revert his deed now.
It had already been two weeks now and all the pictures were there on Facebook with “Only Me” privacy. Now he finally had let out his courage on the one and half year relationship and started removing the moments which they created with love.
Aniket had no purpose in life now. The mind was blank. He was blocked from every profiles of Divya. He could dial her number and cry his heart out and make her take him back but he knew that it was happening for good.
It was almost midnight. Aniket didn’t know what to do. There were people consoling him that everything will be fine but their words were like the first peg to a drunkard; ineffective. He needed something more to sort out everything.
While he was reminiscing every moment, he just randomly searched something on his search engine as he had an urge to talk with someone who was completely new to his world. He went to some random site to talk to a stranger.
When the people who are not in your life can’t make you feel good then pour out everything to a stranger. You are not gonna meet them anyways.  
A number of attempts for a good talk failed. He got either fucked up people or the horny ones who were just looking for sex chats.
Aniket was just ending the chat with another useless person when the new connection appeared and the stranger said, “Hi”
“Hi” He replied too.
“How are you doing today?” The stranger fired another question.
“Had better days.” Aniket replied again.
“Where you from?” Aniket added.
“India.” The stranger replied. “You?”
“Neighbors. Nepal.” Aniket was quick.
“So how old/young are you?” Aniket added.
“18. You?” The stranger replied.
“Same here.” Aniket acted casual there.
The heart was floating around here and there when the chat was on. Every word typed was making him more nervous as he had never entered the site before.
He was just waiting for the moment to make the stranger little more comfortable and pour out everything he had so that he could end the conversation and never speak to him/her again.
“So tell me about yourself? Name? Hobbies?” Aniket asked.
“Arpana.”
Woah it’s a she then. Aniket was like “alright I have to talk nicely now, be a little more polite” inside his head.
“I like to draw. I write sometimes and basically sleep all the time. Nothing good to share.”
“You” She replied absurdly.
“Hi I am Aniket. Pleasure meeting you here Arpana.”
“That’s nice. I am pretty much of an introvert. I am a gamer. I read sometimes and mostly into watching sports.” He said.
“Okay. Good.” She replied.
“So where in India?”
“I have been to some places in India. So I am just curious here.” Aniket was trying his best to continue the conversation.
“First let me know where you have been, then I might consider revealing my location.” She said.
“I am not a kidnapper or a serial killer. Don’t worry.” He added a scary emoji with the line.
“No kidnapper or killer would ever say he is a killer or a kidnapper. Lol.” She replied.
“Point.” Aniket said.
“So I have been to Delhi, Mumbai, Goa, Dehradun and Jaiselmer.”
“Oh yeah Sikkim and Darjeeling too.” He added.
“I live in India and I have never been to Jaiselmer, Sikkim and Darjeeling.” She said.
“Haha I need to pack my bags now. You have travelled in my country more than I have.” She added.
“And on your way out, visit Nepal as well.” Aniket was well prepared with the reply there.
“I would love to. If only my parents were so open minded.” She said.
“I deserve your location now.” Aniket said.
“You have been here already. Mumbai. How did you like it?” She asked.
“It was crowded. People were busy and the local train was something to watch.” Aniket laughed while he typed.
“Haha so you were able to observe one of our wonders then? That’s good.” She replied.
“Thank god. I didn’t die before I could see that amazing view.” Aniket supported her.
“Now enough of my city, its still my city.” Arpana seemed serious now.
“Come to Kathmandu someday. The dust will make you realize that your city is heaven.” Aniket was trying to bring the conversation back to normal again.
“That bad? Huh?” She replied.
“After the earthquake and everything, no initiative has been taken to rebuild it.” He said.
“There have been further initiatives for road destruction.” Aniket added.
“This was for the proper water supply but the process is taking a lot of time there.” Aniket continued.
“I hope it ends soon.” She said.
“So what brought you to this site?” Aniket asked.
“Actually, it’s the first time I have been here. I was bored and decided to try this out. What about you?” She said.
“It’s my first time too. I was just about to close the tab but I met a decent person finally.” Aniket said.
“Wow I feel like the actor in the climax of the movie. I saved you there.” She added a laughing emoji.
“Don’t fly now. I just said decent. Wow.” Aniket replied.
“NVM” She replied.
“So tell me about you? What do you study? Or do you work? “She asked.
“Yeah I study engineering. Mechanical.” Aniket answered.
“You?” He added.
“Boring. Mechanical and Engineering. How can people understand maths? It’s like Chinese language for me.”  She replied.
“I am an art student. I study literature.” She said.
“Wow. I hope I will get to read some of your pieces.” Aniket replied.
“And you have already sensed that I am boring as well. That’s the art instinct?” Aniket replied with the tongue emoji.
“I said the subject was boring.” She said.
“I would have ended the conversation a long time ago if you were boring.” She added.
“That’s a relief.” Aniket laughed.
The conversation went on for another hour where they talked about the amazing things their life had. Aniket had almost forgotten about his life when suddenly, she popped up with another question.
“Are you single? Taken?” She asked.
Aniket took a deep breath and started typing, “Pretty much. I am married to the isolation”
“You?” He added.
“Come on man. You sound like the fresh victim of love.” She replied.
“Is it? What gave me away?” Aniket asked.
“That line coming from you carries pain there. I can feel that.” She reacted.
“So that’s why you are here. I am single myself. I broke up like 3 months ago.” She added.
“Yeah that might be the reason too.” He said.
“So what happened? I am all ears.” She replied.
“You really want to know?” He asked.
“Yeah I am an art student. I am curious. Always curious.” She said.
“Alright. We were happy like every other couple. It was nice. We started off in a good way.” He said.
“Don’t tell me that. How did it end? That matters more right now.” She interrupted.
“Alright getting right to the point. She cheated on me with someone else.” Aniket said.
“And how did you find out?” She asked.
 “How everyone finds out in these situations. I was using her phone and someone texted.” He said.
“The text had all the things that proved her guilt. I asked her about it too.” He added.
“She was going to end it anyway. I found it the hard way.” He said.
“I am sorry to hear that. Well I am not an expert but I am glad that you found out about it. The longer the betrayal lasts, the more it hurts.” She said.
“I hope you get more strength to handle it. You will find a girl who deserves you  for you.” She added.
“This coming out from a complete stranger feels good.” Aniket added a smiley emoji.
“Complete stranger? It’s been 2 hours now that we have been talking, so omit the “Complete” now before stranger. We are just strangers now.” She replied.
“Alright miss. Thank you for saying that stranger. What else do you have to say about my situation?” Aniket further asked.
 “Everyone has a script to play and a lot of characters too. You are building a story for yourself and a bridge too by meeting temporary romances in your life. Just complete building the bridge and you will find “the one” on the other side of the bridge.” She replied.
“Woah. Literature student. That was deep.” Aniket had no words to reply there.
“So what about you? What happened to your recent temporary romance?” He added.
“I ended it. It was not working out. He was too possessive there. I could not handle the daily fights there for no reason at all.” She replied.
“How long was the relation?” He popped out another question.
“Seven months I guess.” She said.
“Mine was one and half years.” He said.
“Double the pain that I had to go through. You are a warrior there. Just bear it now.” She replied.
“Plus you met me here. Now your life will be awesome.” She added the tongue emoji with the reply.
 “Yeah you wish.” He laughed.
The conversation went for another three hours there. They talked about their high school crushes and some embarrassing memorable moments as well. The bond could be seen there. While the time was running at its own pace, they were getting along together faster than they were supposed to be.
Well Aniket was blaming the internet for bringing out the sad memories but he was thankful that it was balancing by gifting him a nice person to talk to. They had never seen each other but maybe people just need some kind of connection or a buzz to get along.
While Aniket visited the site to mourn for his loss, he found a new hope in life and from a stranger there. They exchanged their username for some random chatting application. They were still not sure about the numbers but hopefully they will get to that as well.
It was almost 6 in the morning now. Both of them had spent the night with each other witnessing each other’s life in their point of view.
Aniket could see the glimpse of the rays of the sun ending the darkness there. It was something like the light that was brought to his life by her.
“We talked for almost 6 hours.” She said.
“I don’t even remember what we talked about for this long.” He replied.
“Exactly.” She said.
“So you have my Kik id there. I think I will sleep for a bit now.” She said.
“Yeah you should. Thank you for tonight.” He said.
“Don’t thank me. You met someone awesome. Thank God.” She added the tongue emoji again.
“Don’t start again. Sleep now. Just give me a buzz on Kik after you wake up.” He said.
“Alright. Good Morning/Night Mister.” She replied.
“Good Mornight.” He replied.
The conversation was ended there finally. The conversation unlocked many doors inside him helping him to breathe out and providing him different paths to choose in his life.
It seemed like his life had changed in some hours. He was still bearing the pain there but he knew how to handle it as well.
He finally decided to sleep now. He could find his sleep there. He didn’t know how she looked in real life but her words were really sharp that had struck him. He was able to stand up again and get along with his life.
Sleep finally arrived at 6:22 AM. He could rest all his pain for a bit. He took a small nap till 11 am that morning.
As soon as he woke up he grabbed his cellphone as usual to check the time. This time his phone had something different there. Something more than just the time. A brand new story there.
“Kik…Notification.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

pratik.ghimire01@gmail.com